For 2019, profits will go toward improvements to recreational facilities for families and children in Taieri Mouth (i.e. tennis court upgrade, new picnic tables).
Take a group of friends throw in a few drinks and come up with a idea for a community fundraiser.
Use a bit of old fashion kiwi attitude “we can do it” and you have the Coastal Classic.
For 2018, profits will go toward upgrading emergency infrastructures for the Taieri Mouth community
In association with the Taieri Mouth Amenities Society the organisers of The Coastal Classic have contributed to the following community projects in past years.
- 2018 AED 7000 defibrillator. With additional funding from the Rotary Club of Milton, we purchased this defibrillator now located in the kitchen area at the Taieri Mouth Holiday camp ground
- Taieri Mouth First Response Emergency Care and Workplace First Aid Training (2018)
- Taieri Beach School and Community Pool – New Roof ( 2017)
- Community Hall toilet upgrade (2015)
- Community Hall Upgrade (2014)
- Community & Kristina Ashton (NZ Jnr Athletics team) (2013)
- Community projects (2012)
- Community Hall Upgrade (2011)
- Community Hall and First Response Unit (2010)
- Information Kiosks and School Pool Cover (2009)
- Livingstonia Park Fence & Entrance (2007-08)
- Sea Scout Shed (2006)
- Community Hall (2005)
- Taieri river Wharf upgrade
- Support for Otago Hospice