2022 proceeds to be distributed to the Taieri Mouth Amenities society for the completion of enhancement projects in the district and this year we are thrilled to announce we will be making a contribution to the Otago Rescue Helicopter Trust.
The Otago Regional Rescue Helicopter Service is partially government funded but relies heavily on donations from the community to support this critical service. The service brings assistance to seriously unwell or injured patients anywhere in the lower South Island, from Waitaki River to the Sub-Antarctic Islands and across to the Haast Pass. The Taieri Mouth area has relied on the Otago Regional Rescue Helicopter on numerous occasions from accidents on the Taieri Island Bar crossing to accidents and illnesses requiring urgent attention. Therefore we are thrilled to be contributing to this very important organisation.
Take a group of friends throw in a few drinks and come up with an idea for a community fundraiser.
Use a bit of old fashion kiwi attitude “we can do it” and you have the Coastal Classic. 2021 will be our 18th year.
In association with the Taieri Mouth Amenities Society the organisers of The Coastal Classic have contributed to the following community projects in past years.
- 2021 Signs for Livingston Green Wetlands Restoration and Livingston Green Bush Track
- 2020 helped fund Tsunami Warning Siren; First Response shelving units for First Aid Emergency Storage Container and Foul Weather Gear for First Response
- 2019 tennis court upgrade; First Response Emergency Kits
- 2018 AED 7000 defibrillator. With additional funding from the Rotary Club of Milton, we purchased this defibrillator now located in the kitchen area at the Taieri Mouth Holiday camp ground
- Taieri Mouth First Response Emergency Care and Workplace First Aid Training (2018)
- Taieri Beach School and Community Pool – New Roof ( 2017)
- Community Hall toilet upgrade (2015)
- Community Hall Upgrade (2014)
- Community & Kristina Ashton (NZ Jnr Athletics team) (2013)
- Community projects (2012)
- Community Hall Upgrade (2011)
- Community Hall and First Response Unit (2010)
- Information Kiosks and School Pool Cover (2009)
- Livingstonia Park Fence & Entrance (2007-08)
- Sea Scout Shed (2006)
- Community Hall (2005)
- Taieri river Wharf upgrade
- Support for Otago Hospice